The St. Paul Subterranean River National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and was also added to the New 7 Wonders of Nature. It is about 30 miles from the city center. You will take a 2-hour drive to reach Sabang port. From there, you will go on a short boat ride to reach the park. For a more enjoyable visit, here are things that you should avoid while on a Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour:
1. Do not litter in the site or anywhere in Palawan. As you enjoy the beauty of nature, you also have the responsibility to protect it in order for others to enjoy it as well.
2. Do not feed the monkeys or tease them. Many visitors feed the monkeys in the park despite the warnings. As a result, the monkeys are now used to being fed and tend to grab food from people. Thus, for the safety of the tourists and so as not to affect the natural feeding habits of the monkeys, do not offer food to the monkeys.
3. Do not bring plastics. The monkeys will think you are bringing food and may grab the plastic you are bringing. You can put your chips, food and drinks in your bag instead of putting them in a plastic bag.
4. Do not leave your mouth hanging open when you look up. It is understandable that you will be in awe considering the majestic rock formations inside the cave. However, you should keep your mouth closed while on a Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour. You won’t be able to tell if it is water or bat urine that’s dripping from the ceiling.
5. Do not wear running shoes and socks during the Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour. Wear flip-flops, sandals or waterproof shoes instead. You will be jumping off and on boats. Thus, it is inevitable for your feet to get wet.
If you are considering to get a Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour, it is best to book in advance. The government implements a strict “No Permit, No Entry” policy and getting a permit is not that easy, especially during the peak season. In order to preserve the natural beauty of the park, the management implemented a limit of 900 visitors a day. It is best to book your trip a week, or even a month in advance.
Hopping Buddies Travel & Tours can help arrange your Puerto Princesa Underground River tour. We will take care of securing permits and everything you need for a hassle-free trip. Contact us today for a quote.
Latest posts by Beatrice Afra (see all)
- How to Get a Resort from Boracay Airport - May 10, 2014
- Five Things to Do in Boracay - May 9, 2014
- Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour: Fun Summer Activity for Families - May 7, 2014