It’s summer and everyone is preparing to go to the beach. If you ‘re one of the thousands of tourists planning to go out of town this season, then you better start packing. A beach trip in Palawan, Philippines is a fantastic way of spending your summer break. Apart from getting a beach bod, you should also make sure you’re bringing the right things with you on your trip. Surely, you don’t want to have problems on your vacation, right?
Here are some travel essentials you should have in your beach bag:
- Entertainment Options – For some people, spending a whole afternoon at the beach doesn’t mean staying in the water for hours. You need things to help you pass the time when you’re not in the water, such as a magazine, a newspaper, a novel, or an MP3 player. Spread your beach towel and catch up on your readings – or get a sexy summer tan line.
- Beachwear and Footwear – You will enjoy the beach of Palawan if you wear proper clothing. To be comfortable in this sweltering heat, avoid heavy clothing. Choose light clothing in vibrant colors, such as shorts, skirts, tank tops, sleeveless, and cropped tees. For your footwear, choose comfy flip-flops or waterproof sandals to help you walk on the sand easily.
- Cooler – Soaking under the sun for a long time can lead to dehydration. Have a small ice cooler box with you, so a cool drink is always within reach.
- Beach Equipment – As some islands in Palawan are not yet commercialized, you may find yourself in one without anything, but a beautiful powdery white sand shoreline. To make your beach trip comfortable, think about bringing a few beach chairs and beach umbrellas with you. You can stay on the beach for as long as you want if you have a resting place and shade. As these things are easy to fold, you can transport them without much trouble.
- Extra Bags – Apart from the travelling bag that you carry for your clothes and toiletries, it is also best to bring extra bags with you. They will come in handy, when you need storage for seashells, wet clothes, and souvenirs.
- Beach Toys – Stay fit while having fun at the beach. Bring Frisbees, inflatable beach balls, and even pail and shovels for building sandcastles.
- Camera – The scenery in Palawan, Philippines is definitely worth taking back home. Make sure you carry a camera with you, along with its charger and batteries.
Before leaving the house, double-check your bags to make sure you have everything with you. If you’re taking maintenance medication, put it inside your purse or carry-on bag.
Hopping Buddies Travel & Tours can help plan your summer trip with your family and friends. Take a trip to Palawan, Philippines and experience the best vacation ever!
Latest posts by Beatrice Afra (see all)
- How to Get a Resort from Boracay Airport - May 10, 2014
- Five Things to Do in Boracay - May 9, 2014
- Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour: Fun Summer Activity for Families - May 7, 2014