Honda Bay is at the eastern side of Palawan and is very near Puerto Princesa. It is famous for its snorkeling sites and white sand beaches. Here are some frequently asked questions by tourists who are planning to take a Honda Bay tour.
How to Go to Honda Bay?
Honda Bay is easily accessible from Puerto Princesa. Book a flight to the city and rent a tricycle or van to get to Honda Bay. If you’re getting a tour package, you won’t have to worry about transportation.
A van will pick you up at your hotel between 7 and 8 in the morning. You will take a short ride to St. Lourdes Wharf, the starting point of the tour. Once there, your guide will lead you to the boat you’re going to use for the day.
What are Some Islands We Will Visit During the Tour?
The Honda Bay tour itinerary from Hopping Buddies Travel & Tours includes 3 to 4 sites. The following are some of the sites you may visit:
- Pambato Reef is a marine sanctuary. Here, you’ll find beautiful corals, giant clams and a huge variety of fish.
- Pandan Island is one of the largest islands at the bay. This is usually where you will have your buffet picnic lunch that comes with the Honda Bay tour package from Hopping Buddies Travel & Tours.
- LuLi Island got its name from the word “lulubog-lilitaw”. This island is more of a huge sandbar. It sinks and rises with the tide.
- Starfish Island is often called by locals as Tabuan Island. It is named as such because of the many starfish found in the island.
- Cowrie Island, like Pandan Island offers a wonderful powdery white sand beach for tourists.
What to Bring on a Honda Bay Tour?
- Sunglasses to protect your eyes
- Sunscreen to prevent getting burnt under the sun.
- Snorkeling gear. If you don’t have any, you can rent one at the Wharf. You’ll find rental places before you reach the Wharf. However, those at the Wharf offer much cheaper rental rates than others.
- Bottled Water. Your guide may give bottles of water for your group but they may not be enough. To keep yourself well-hydrate throughout the tour, it’s wise to bring your own stock of refreshments.
How Much is a Honda Bay Tour?
A Honda Bay tour from Hopping Buddies Travel & Tours is only Php 1,300 per person. This includes picnic lunch, cottage rentals, entrance fees, boat rental and more.
To learn more about our tours and travel packages, you may fill out our contact form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Beatrice Afra (see all)
- How to Get a Resort from Boracay Airport - May 10, 2014
- Five Things to Do in Boracay - May 9, 2014
- Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour: Fun Summer Activity for Families - May 7, 2014