Puerto Princesa is a bustling city that is called the City in the Forest.
Would you like to visit the city? Before you book a Puerto Princesa package from your trusted Palawan travel agency, it’s good to know some facts about the city.
The city is at the mid-section of Palawan. Sulu Sea is at the east side while South China sea is located at the west side. Roxas and San Vicente is at the northern part of Puerto Princesa while Aborlan is at the southern part. There are 66 barangays in Puerto Princesa; 35 of which are categorized as urban districts. You can visit some of these places when you book a Puerto Princesa package.
Some locals say that the name “Puerto Princesa” is attributed to a princess-like maiden who walks around the city on specific nights of the year. Other say the city is named as such because it has the geographical advantage of being a seaport that can accommodate any type of sea vessel.
You can learn more about the history of the city when you book a Puerto Princesa package with City Tour.
Puerto Princesa is a melting pot of culture. You’ll meet a lot of migrants from different countries and other provinces in the Philippines. Some of the original inhabitants are the Cuyunons. They have a very rich set of traditions and folklores. Other indigenous groups living in the are are Bataks and Tagbanuas.
While you can visit the city any time, it still helps to know which months of the year are the best months book a Puerto Princesa package. Dry months are from November to April while wet months are from May to October.
Things to Do
Tours included in a travel package would depend on the type of Puerto Princesa package you will get. There are those that includes a trip to the Underground River, a tour around the city and a Honda Bay island hopping tour.
Here’s a short list of things you can do while in Puerto Princesa:
- See the Underground River, one of the new seven wonders of nature.
- Get tanned at one of the many pristine, powdery white sand beaches during a Honda Bay island hopping tour.
- Watch the dolphins. Dolphin watching tour is one of the newest attractions promoted by the city government. A Palawan travel agency would be glad to include this as part of your Puerto Princesa package for an additional fee.
- Book a Firefly Watching Tour and enjoy a romantic dinner at Iwahig River.
- Dive and discover a rich marine life! Red Cliff and White Beach are the closest dive sites you’l find in the area.
Are you ready to visit Puerto Princesa? Contact Hopping Buddies Travel & Tours and we’ll give you the best Puerto Princesa package that fits your budget.
Leave a Reply